- •Laser acupuncture is a safe, non-invasive, and painless nonpharmacologic technique.
- •Laser acupuncture improves the postpartum low back pain.
- •Laser acupuncture diminishes the limitations of daily activity and physical activity, and perceived stress in women with postpartum low back pain.
- •Laser acupuncture could be used as an alternative therapy for postpartum low back pain in the postpartum care setting.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Chinese Translation and Adaptation of the Roland-Morris Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire [Chinese Translation and Adaptation of the Roland-Morris Low Back Pain Disability Questionnaire].Formosan Journal of Physical Therapy. 2003; 28: 324-332
- Risk of chronic low back pain among parturients who undergo cesarean delivery with neuraxial anesthesia: A nationwide population-based retrospective cohort study.Medicine. 2016; 95: e3468
- Laser acupuncture: A concise review.Medical Acupuncture. 2019; 31: 164-168
- A global measure of perceived stress.Journal of Health and Social Behavior. 1983; 24: 385-396
- Outcome measures for low back pain research. A proposal for standardized use.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1998; 23: 2003-2013
- In chronic low back pain, low level laser therapy combined with exercise is more beneficial than exercise alone in the long term: A randomised trial.Australian Journal of Physiotherapy. 2007; 53: 155-160
- Trajectories of lower back, upper back, and pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy and early postpartum in primiparous women.Women's Health. 2019; 15 (1745506519842757)
- Pelvic girdle pain affects the whole life–a qualitative interview study in Norway on women's experiences with pelvic girdle pain after delivery.BMC Research Notes. 2014; 7: 686
- Low-level laser therapy for chronic non-specific low back pain: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.Acupuncture in Medicine. 2016; 34: 328-341
- Reliability of hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis assessment methods for use in population-based studies.European Journal of Epidemiology. 2011; 26: 511-525
- Acupuncture for low back pain in pregnancy–a prospective, quasi-randomised, controlled study.Acupuncture in Medicine. 2004; 22: 60-67
- Chronic stress, cortisol dysfunction, and pain: A psychoneuroendocrine rationale for stress management in pain rehabilitation.Physical Therapy. 2014; 94: 1816-1825
- Postpartum stress as a predictor of women's minor psychiatric morbidity.Community Mental Health Journal. 2007; 43: 1-12
- Strategies for prevention and management of musculoskeletal conditions. Low back pain (non-specific).Best Practice & Research. Clinical Rheumatology. 2007; 21: 77-91
- Three versions of Perceived Stress Scale: Validation in a sample of Chinese cardiac patients who smoke.BMC Public Health. 2010; 10: 513
- Development of a Chinese version of the Oswestry Disability Index version 2.1.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2008; 33: 2354-2360
- Women's experiences of pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain: A systematic review.Midwifery. 2018; 56: 102-111
- The influence of back pain and urinary incontinence on daily tasks of mothers at 12 months postpartum.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0129615
- Postpartum low-back pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1992; 17: 53-55
- Noninvasive treatments for acute, subacute, and chronic low back pain: A clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians.Annals of Internal Medicine. 2017; 166: 514-530
- Association of breast feeding positioning with musculoskeletal pain in post partum mothers of Rawalpindi and Islamabad.Journal of the Pakistan Medical Association. 2019; 69: 564-566
- WHO Standard Acupuncture Point Locations in the Western Pacific Region.World Health Organization, Manila2008
- Doing the month in a Taiwanese postpartum nursing center: an ethnographic study.Nursing & Health Sciences. 2014; 16: 343-351
- Use of complementary and alternative medicine across the childbirth spectrum in China.Complementary Therapies in Medicine. 2014; 22: 1047-1052