Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Validating the functional pain scale for hospitalized adults.Pain Management Nursing. 2019; 20: 418-424
- Pain management is more than just a number.University of Utah Health Care, University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics/Department of Anesthesiology, 2013
- in press) Nurses’ use of the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment (CAPA) tool: A mixed methods study.Pain Management Nursing. 2022;
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap): A metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2009; 42: 377-381
McDaniel, C., Caspersen, A., Crumpton, S., Galbraith, D., Hall, B., Huddleston, P., Nguyen, H. L., Puckett, M., & Williams, R. (2021). Medical-surgical patients’ and registered nurses’ satisfaction and comprehensiveness of patient assessment using the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment Tool. Pain Management Nursing. Advance online publication. 10.1016/j.pmn.2021.08.003
- The coping with labor algorithm: An alternate pain assessment tool for the laboring woman.Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health. 2010; 55: 107-116
- Pain assessment as a social transaction: Beyond the “gold standard.Clinical Journal of Pain. 2010; 26: 667-676
- Quality improvement project: Replacing the numeric rating scale with the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment (CAPA) tool.Pain Management Nursing. 2017; 18: 363-371
- Pilot testing the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment (CAPA) measure.Pain Management Nursing. 2019; 20: 462-467
- Surgical patients' and registered nurses’ satisfaction and perception of using the Clinically Aligned Pain Assessment (CAPA©) tool for pain assessment.Journal of Vascular Nursing. 2020; 38: 118-131
- What nurses' work-arounds tell us about pain assessment.International Journal of Nursing Studies. 2016; 67: A1-A2