Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Too much of a bad thing: Discharge opioid prescriptions in pediatric appendectomy patients.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2018; 53: 2374-2377
- Evaluation of the correlation between self-report and electronic monitoring of adherence to hypertension therapy.Blood Pressure. 2012; 21: 161-166
- Association of health care utilization with rates of perforated appendicitis in children 18 years or younger.JAMA Surgery. 2018; 153: 544-550
- Variation in postoperative narcotic prescribing after pediatric appendectomy.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2019; 54: 1866-1871
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2017). Annual Surveillance Report of Drug-Related Risks and Outcomes—United States, 2017. Retrieved October 13, 2020, from www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/pubs/2017-cdc-drug-surveillance-report.pdf.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2019). Annual Surveillance Report of Drug-Related Risks and Outcomes—United States, 2019. Retrieved October 13, 2020, from www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/pdf/pubs/2019-cdc-drug-surveillancereport.pdf.
- Oxycodone ingestion patterns in acute fracture pain with digital pills.Anesthesia and Analgesia. 2017; 125: 2105-2112
- Management of postoperative pain: a clinical practice guideline from the American Pain Society, the American Society of Anesthesiologists, and the American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine.Journal of Pain. 2016; 17: 131-157
- Validity of the self-reported Domains Of Subjective Extent of Nonadherence (DOSE-Nonadherence) scale in comparison with electronically monitored adherence to cardiovascular medications.Patient Prefer Adherence. 2019; 13: 1677-1684
- CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain—United States, 2016.JAMA. 2016; 315: 1624-1645
- Effective postoperative pain management in children after ambulatory surgery, with a focus on tonsillectomy: Barriers and possible solutions.Paediatric Anaesthesiology. 2014; 24: 239-248
- Disposal of controlled substances.Federal Register. 2012; 77 (Retrieved October 13, 2020, from): 75783-75817
- Efficacy and utility of phone call follow-up after pediatric general surgery versus traditional clinic follow-up.Permanente Journal. 2015; 19: 11-14
Food and Drug Administration. (2020). Disposal of Unused Medicines: What You Should Know. Updated October 1, 2020. Retrieved October 13, 2020, from https://www.fda.gov/drugs/safe-disposal-medicines/disposal-unused-medicines-what-you-should-know.
- An evidence-based guideline supporting restricted opioid prescription after pediatric appendectomy.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2020; 55: 106-111
- No pain is gain: A prospective evaluation of strict non-opioid pain control after pediatric appendectomy.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2020; 55: 1043-1047
- Research gaps in practice guidelines for acute postoperative pain management in adults: Findings from a review of the evidence for an American Pain Society Clinical Practice Guidelines.Journal of Pain. 2016; 17: 158-166
- Opioid-prescribing patterns for pediatric patients in the United States.Clinical Journal of Pain. 2019; 35: 515-520
- Pain assessment in the patient unable to self-report: Clinical practice recommendations in support of the ASPMN 2019 position statement.Pain Management Nursing. 2019; 20: 404-417
- Spillover effect of evidence-based postoperative opioid prescribing.Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2018; 227: 374-381
- Association of opioid prescribing with opioid consumption after surgery in Michigan.JAMA Surgery. 2019; 154e184234
Johnston, L.D., Miech, R.A., O'Malley, P.M., Bachman, J.G., Schulenberg, J.E., & Patrick, M.E. (2019). Monitoring the Future national survey results on drug use 1975-2018: Overview, key findings on adolescent drug use. Retrieved October 13, 2020, from https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED594190.pdf.
Johnston, L.D., O'Malley, P.M., Miech, R.A., Bachman, J.G., & Schulenberg, J.E. (2015). Monitoring the Future national survey results on drug use: 1975-2014: Overview, key findings on adolescent drug use. Retrieved October 13, 2020, from https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED578603.pdf.
- Is the sufficiency of discharge instructions related to children's postoperative pain at home after day surgery?.Scandinavian Journal of the Caring Sciences. 2003; 17: 365-372
- Parents’ perceptions and use of analgesics at home after children's day surgery.Paediatric Anaesthesia. 2003; 13: 132-140
- Guidelines for opioid prescribing in children and adolescents after surgery: An expert panel opinion.JAMA Surgery. 2021; 156: 76-90
- Context and significance of emergency department visits and readmissions after pediatric appendectomy.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2011; 46: 1918-1922
- Single-blind randomized clinical trial of laparoscopic versus open appendicectomy in children.British Journal of Surgery. 2001; 88: 510-514
- Pediatric nurses’ journeys of caring to relieve children’s post-operative pain.ProQuest Dissertations Publishing. 2010; : 1-357
- Nurses’ role in preventing prescription opioid diversion.American Journal of Nursing. 2015; 115: 34-40
- Efficacy analysis of analgesic treatments to manage children's post-operative pain after laparoscopic appendectomy: retrospective medical record review.AORN Journal. 2016; 103 (317.e1-317.e11)
- Medical and nonmedical use of prescription opioids among high school seniors in the United States.Archives of Pediatric Adolescent Medicine. 2012; 166: 797-802
- Prescription opioids in adolescence and future opioid misuse.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e1169-e1177
- Electronic measurement of medication adherence.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2015; 37: 28-49
- Prescription vs. consumption: Opioid overprescription to children after common surgical procedures.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2019; 54: 2195-2199
- Trajectories of postsurgical pain in children: Risk factors and impact of late pain recovery on long-term health outcomes after major surgery.Pain. 2015; 156: 2383-2389
- Cues parents use to assess postoperative pain in their children.Clinical Journal of Pain. 1995; 11: 229-235
- Regional variation in rates of pediatric perforated appendicitis.Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2017; 52: 1488-1491
- The potential impact on children of the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain: above all, do no harm.JAMA Pediatric. 2016; 170: 425-426
- Improved outcomes for laparoscopic appendectomy compared with open appendectomy in the pediatric population.Journal of Laparoendoscopic and Advanced Surgical Techniques. 2007; 17: 693-697
- Challenge of balancing duration of stay and readmissions in children's operation.Surgery. 2017; 162: 950-957
- Frequency and variety of inpatient pediatric surgical procedures in the United States.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: e1466-e1472
- Substantial postoperative pain is common among children undergoing laparoscopic appendectomy.Paediatric Anaesthesiology. 2012; 22: 130-135
- Potentially preventable 30-day hospital readmissions at a children's hospital.Pediatrics. 2016; 138e20154182
- Children's and parents’ perceptions of postoperative pain management: a mixed methods study.Journal of Clinical Nursing. 2013; 22: 3095-3108
- Surgeons’ aims and pain assessment strategies when managing paediatric post-operative pain: a qualitative study.Journal of Child Health Care. 2015; 19: 513-523
- The difficulties of studying children's pain at home.Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2007; 29: 432-447
Wong-Baker FACES Foundation (2020). Wong-Baker FACES® Pain Rating Scale. Retrieved 2011 with permission from http://www.WongBakerFACES.org. Originally published in Whaley & Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children. Elsevier Inc.